Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy 100th Post: Top 10: Christmas Things

 
Celebrating 100 Posts
Top Ten List #5 (Items 41- 50)
Top Ten Things I Love About Christmas

10. The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus - A Rankin and Bass claymation Christmas special based on the L. Frank Baum’s Ozian story of the same name. Klaus was a babe left in the woods of the immortals. An imp adopted him and has he aged, she remained the same. Klaus sets out on his own and begins to make toys for the needy children, however the Og-wa have other ideas and kidnap him. The Great Ak and the other immortals fight the Og-was and win. Klaus is getting old and dieing so The Great Ak has called all the immortals together to decide if Klaus should receive the Mantle of Immortality. They do.
9. Love Actually - I came to it much later than I should have, but I’ve made up for it. I love this movie, it’s such a feel good movie!
8. Decorating the Christmas Tree – I love putting up the Christmas tree. I mostly love seeing how it has evolved over the years. When I first started with my own tree (probably 16 -17 years ago) it looked exactly like my mom’s. Now it’s barely resembles my mother’s (except for ONE ornament that I took from her tree.
7. Christmas Songs – They are either campy and happy or sad and depressing, never in-between. Either way, they rock.
6. Poppy (the puppy) – There is an old Christmas song about a puppy that helps Santa. I received this dog on my first Christmas, so he became Poppy based on the song. He used to have felt eyes, which have since fallen off.
5. Snow – If it snows on Christmas, it’s truly is a wonderful day.
4. The reason for the season – You know what I’m talking about, the whole reason for celebrating Christmas: presents.
3. Garfield Christmas Special - Garfield joins John and Odie at John’s family farm for Christmas. I still cry when Grandma tells about her husband and their past Christmas’ together.
2. Festivus – Back in undergad we started calling our holiday celebration Festivus (the holiday for the rest-of-us [thank you Seinfeld]). We do something holiday-like and just have a good old fashion Christmas.
1. Muppet Family Christmas - A mid 80’s Christmas special, where the Muppets, Sesame Street characters and the Fraggles all meet at Fozzy’s mom’s house for Christmas. They sing a LOT of songs and make me feel good about family. I think one of the best thing about this special, is that many of my closest friends also love this special.





1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wow, you started your tree that long ago? Impressive!

Watch out for the icy patch!