Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy 100th Post: Top 10: Gay Character in Television


List Number 2: The Top Ten Gay Characters in Television (or widely thought to be gay)

 10. Will Truman from Will & Grace – One of the first gay men I saw on television, holding a steady job and has a “normal” life that mimics other sit-coms.




9. Willow Rosenberg from Buffy The Vampire Slayer – Last I had left Willow she was still wearing Sears’ overalls, when I returned she was a full blown lesbian! I miss Oz, but am totally happy with Tara and evil Willow!




8. Andew Va De Kamp from Desperate Housewives - When Andrew came out, it was as revenge against his mom, but he quickly became a staple in my gay character love. He’s now relegated to one off, bit scenes but I still get excited to see him on the screen.



7. Ellen Morgan from Ellen - She came out and it seemed so natural to me. I was too young at the time to truly understand it, but I loved Ellen before and even more after.



6. Stewie Griffin from Family Guy - I’m not sure if he’s completely out , but he continues to play with audiences and making side comments (usually breaking the fourth wall) about his infatuation with men.



 5. Brian Kinney from Queer As Folk - He exudes sexiness. He lingers in awesomeness. He is exponentially hot. However, his bitchiness wasn’t always welcome. His cold heart kept him away from mine.



4. Kurt Hummel from Glee - He’s so adorable. I love that he loves musical theatre. I wasn’t as flamboyant as him in high school, but he reminds me so much of myself.



3. Tenoh Haruka and Kaioh Michiru from Sailor Moon - I don’t think these two ever appeared without each other for more than a few moments. They rocked my world and when they died instead of fighting death, they reached for each other and talked about how much they love each other.

 



2. Michael Novotny from Queer as Folk - Adorable to Brian’s hot. Ying to Brian’s Yang. Michael kept me coming back to QuaF, he is relationship minded, trying to fit in while being completely different. I saw a lot of myself in him (other than being short and cute).


 


1. Scotty Wendell-Walker from Brothers and Sisters - I love how he started as a one off character, and just continued to make appearances. I love how he hasn’t allowed himself to be wrapped up in the Walker world, while still being just off to the sidelines if we need him. I love his face and body. Period.


No comments: